ADP-1101-05A - Installation Instructions
Installation Of This Adaptor Shall Be In Accordance With The Requirements Of the Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
Refer also to HOYME Installation Instructions: Combustion Inlet Air Control Damper, Series HOM; Replacement/Ventilation Air Control Damper - HAC; and ADP- 0241- 05/10A.
4” x 5” x 2 1/2” (101 x 127 x 64 mm)
Fitness of this Adaptor/Damper combination to satisfy air supply requirements for fuel fired appliances during operation of the interconnected exhaust fan(s) shall be investigated by the enforcing authorities.
Air intake duct installation shall be in accordance with: In Canada - CAN/CSA B149 & B139; In the USA – ANSI/NFPA 54, 2006, ANSI Z223.1 and/or local codes including local codes relating to ventilation air duct installation.
I.D.: ADP-1101-05A; comes with 1 - DPDT Relay
Coil - 120Vac. Points - 24Vac - 5 Amps.
- One adaptor is required for each exhaust fan controlling a motorized fresh air damper.
- When there is more than one exhaust fan per inlet damper, Adaptor 24Vac terminals must be connected: 1) in series to each other for a Power Close damper, 2) in parallel to each other for a Power Open damper.
- Adaptor line voltage leads, connected to the exhaust fan controlled line, shall be suitably cabled, fastened and enclosed in suitable raceways.
- Refer to local and applicable codes.
- Always conduct a thorough check-out after installation is complete.
- Affix appropriate labels and follow instructions and warnings on each label.
1. Install motorized air control damper as per instructions supplied with it. Satisfactory operation of the inlet damper is recommended before interconnecting Adaptor.
2. Turn off electrical power supply to appropriate appliance(s).
3. Connect Adaptor line voltage leads to the controlled exhaust fan circuit as per wiring diagram. Follow applicable codes.
4. Connect 24Vac wire to Adaptor terminal 5, and connect Adaptor terminal 2 to Inlet Air Damper, Power Close type. If Inlet Damper is Power Open type, then connect to Adaptor terminal 1 instead of 2.
5. Connect common side of 24Vac transformer (C) to remaining side of Damper Motor. (See damper wiring diagram for motor circuit)
6. Turn on electrical line power to appliance(s). If damper is a Power Open type, it will remain closed at this time. If damper is a Power Close type, it will close at this time.
7. Turn on exhaust fan switch. Exhaust fan will run and inlet damper will open simultaneously.
Note: If furnace fan is required to run during exhaust fan cycle, connect Adaptor 4 to furnace (GF) (G may vary on different furnaces) connect Thermostat (GT) to Adaptor 3.
Schematic Wiring Diagram Of Adaptor 1101 Used As A Switch To Control A 24Vac Inlet Damper and/or a Furnace Fan.
Relay Coil: 120 ; Points 24Vac: 05A .
This marking is also on label to be affixed adjacent to appliance wiring diagram.
Additional wire shall be of the same size as originally used when completing electric circuits.
TYPICAL SCHEMATIC WIRING DIAGRAM OF ADP-1101 CONNECTED TO A CERTIFIED COMBUSTION AIR DAMPER, A FRESH AIR INLET DAMPER AND FURNACE CIRCULATION FAN, CONTROLLED BY A CENTRAL VENTILATION EXHAUST FAN SWITCH.
CONTROLLED BY A 3-WAY VENTILATION SWITCH.
For more information, please contact HMI HOYME Manufacturing Inc. @ 1-800-661-7382
Last Updated (Tuesday, 27 September 2016 13:53)