ADP-1102-S5A - Installation Instructions
Installation Instructions for HMI HOYME ADP-1102-S5A
Interlocks 24Vac Combustion Air Control Damper
To 120Vac Safety Control Circuit
INSTALLATION OF THIS ADAPTOR SHALL BE IN ACCORDANCE WITH REQUIREMENTS OF THE AUTHORITIES HAVING JURISDICTION.
Refer also to HMI HOYME Installation Instructions: ‘Combustion Air Control, Series HOM’.
4” x 5” x 2 1/2” (101 x 127 x 64 mm)
This Adaptor, with two relays, senses a line voltage stat, proves a 24Vac damper to be open and then sends a signal back to line stat circuit for firing. For 250mVdc – 100Vdc use HMI HOYME ADP- 0MV2-S5A.
I.D.: ADP- 1102 – S5A: Includes
- Relay: DPDT Coil-120Vac Contacts-24 Vac
- Relay: SPDT Coil- 24Vac Contacts-120 Vac
- TEST/RUN manual Switch.
- For one appliance, use one Adaptor and one Damper, Series HOM, Type-SF1.
- For two appliances, use two Adaptors and one damper, Series HOM, Type-SF1.
- Adaptors may be mounted on side of appliance control box. Leads must be suitably cabled and fastened. Refer to local electric codes.
- Use an approved 24Vac transformer of adequate capacity (10 VA min.) if required.
- Supply for the transformer primary shall be taken from the line voltage supply for the appliance. Refer to applicable codes.
- Always conduct a thorough checkout after installation is complete.
- Affix attached wiring diagram label adjacent to appliance wiring diagram label.
1. Turn temperature control to lowest setting.
2. Turn off electrical power to heating appliance.
3. Disconnect line voltage burner lead form terminal B1 on line voltage control. See wiring Diagram.
4. Connect Adaptor BLACK lead to terminal B1 on line voltage control. ( Sensor)
5. Using screw-on wire connector, join Adaptor RED lead to burner wire normally connected to terminal B1 of line voltage control. (Signal)
6. Connect Adaptor WHITE lead to terminal B2 of line voltage control.
7. Connect damper wires BLACK (1), RED (2), BROWN (3) and BLUE (5) to Adaptor terminals 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively. Note: Adaptor comes with ‘TEST/RUN’ manual switch. When using two Adaptors for two appliances connected to one damper, Adaptor terminals 1,2, 3 and 4 may be connected to like terminals of the other Adaptor.
8. Connect 24Vac continuous supply to Adaptor terminals 3 and 5.
9. Turn on electrical power supply. Damper will close. Note: ‘TEST/RUN’ manual switch shall be in the ‘RUN’ position.
10. Turn temperature control to call for heat. Damper will open and heating appliance will operate normally.
Note: Where a low limit may allow operation of the burner or fuel valve when thermostat is not calling for heat, damper shall be used only in conjunction with Adaptor as shown.
Additional wire shall be of the same size as originally used when completing electric circuits.
Note: This marking is also on label to be affixed adjacent to appliance wiring diagram.
TYPICAL SCHEMATIC WIRING DIAGRAM FOR COMBUSTION AIR
CONTROL DAMPER INTERLOCKED TO LINE VOLTAGE
SAFETY CONTROL CIRCUIT USING ADAPTOR ADP-1102-S5A
For more information, please contact HMI HOYME Manufacturing Inc. @ 1-800-661-7382
Last Updated (Friday, 01 April 2016 08:12)