TRADP-1102-TPX - Installation Instructions
Installation Instructions for HMI HOYME TRADP-1102-TPX
Includes Timer and Duplex Receptacle to Control a plug-in type Exhaust Fan, Furnace Circulation Fan and Motorized Air Inlet Damper
Installation Of This Adaptor Shall Be In Accordance With The Requirements Of the Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
TRADP -1102 –TPX
4” x 8 1/4” x 2 1/2” (101 x 206 x 64 mm)
This TRADP-1102-TPX adaptor includes two relays, a 24Vac interval timer and a split duplex receptacle. This adaptor acts as an automatic control centre to simultaneously turn on a furnace fan, start a plug-in type exhaust fan and open a 24Vac motorized air inlet damper. The duplex receptacle is split to accommodate a live outlet and a controlled 120Vac outlet for the exhaust fan. A designated ventilation switch may be added for direct control to override the timer.
Fitness of this Timer/Adaptor combination to satisfy air supply requirements for fuel fired appliances during operation of the interconnected exhaust fan(s) shall be investigated by the enforcing authorities.
Air intake duct installation shall be in accordance with: In Canada - CAN/CSA B149 & B139; In the USA – ANSI/NFPA 54, 2006, ANSI Z223.1 and/or local codes including local codes relating to ventilation air duct installation.
I.D.: TRADP -1102 –TPX includes 2 relays:
1 Relay DPDT: Coil .02A, 120Vac. Pts 24Vac- 5A
1 Relay SPDT: Coil .02A, 24Vac. Pts 120Vac-10A
1- Split Duplex Receptacle, LIVE/CONTROLED
1- 24 hr. Interval Timer
- Adaptor line voltage leads are connected only to the live side of the receptacle.
- Line voltage leads shall be suitably cabled, fastened and enclosed in suitable raceways.
- Refer to local and applicable codes.
- Always conduct a thorough checkout after installation is complete.
- Affix appropriate labels and follow instructions and warnings on each label.
NOTE: THE FOLLOWING HOOK-UP PROCEDURES ARE SUGGESTIONS AND DO NOT LIMIT THE USES OF THIS ADAPTOR.
1. Turn thermostat to lowest setting.
2. Turn off electrical power to furnace.
3. Turn off 120Vac power leading to Adaptor.
4. Select suitable location for the Adaptor.
5. Select a suitable location for inlet Damper & connect to Adaptor terminals 3 & 1 for Power Open damper
or 3 & 2 for Power Close type.
Check capacity of 24VAC transformer.
Note: If inlet damper is also required to open during furnace firing:
Option #1 Use damper that is Power Close with relay and follow its instructions.
Option #2 If a Combustion Air Damper is included, use an inlet damper that is Power Close (without a relay) and connect to terminal 4 of the combustion Air Damper and terminal 2 of Adaptor.
6. Connect Adaptor terminal 5 to Furnace R, Adaptor terminal 3 to Furnace C (or ground) and Adaptor terminal 6 (GF) to Furnace G.
Note: For thermostats having a ‘G’ terminal, connect Thermostat ‘G’ to Adaptor Terminal 7 (GT).
7. Connect LINE voltage wires to the LIVE HALF of the Receptacle only as per wiring diagram.
8. Turn on 120VAC power supply to the Adaptor and 120VAC power supply to furnace.
9. TIMER: Set cycles as per instructions with it.
10. Turn interval timer clockwise through one full turn (24 hrs.) to test chosen settings.
Exhaust fan, furnace circulation fan and damper will respond simultaneously for each setting. Set timer for time of day.
11. If a designated ventilation switch is used, or manual override switch is used, connect in series to the two live receptacle terminals (Red & Black). Turn on the ventilation override switch and the Exhaust Fan, Furnace Circulation Fan (if not running) and Damper will respond simultaneously. Turn off the manual override switch.
12. Turn thermostat to normal setting and furnace will fire normally.
If Fresh Air Inlet Damper is to open during furnace firing. go to Instruction No. 5 and follow Option #1 or Option #2.
SCHEMATIC WIRING DIAGRAM OF TRADP-1102-TPX WITH DUPLEX RECEPTACLE INTERCONNECTED TO FURNACE CIRCULATION FAN, PLUG-IN VENTILATION FAN AND MOTORIZED FRESH AIR INLET DAMPER.
Note: this marking is also on label to be affixed adjacent to appliance wiring diagram.
Additional wire shall be of the same size as originally used when completing electric circuits.
1203 - ch
For more information, please contact
HMI HOYME MANUFACTURING INC. PH. 1-800-661-7382
Last Updated (Friday, 01 April 2016 10:00)