ADP-0242-05A - Installation Instructions
Installation Instructions for HMI HOYME Adaptor 0242- 05A
24Vac Controlled Voltage - Switches 24Vac / 120Vac
INSTALLATION OF THIS ADAPTOR SHALL BE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE AUTHORITIES HAVING JURISDICTION
Refer also to HOYME Installation Instructions: Series HOM Combustion Air Control Damper; Series HAC Replacement/Ventilation Air Control Damper; and Adaptor ADP- 0241- 05A.
4” x 5” x 2 1/2” (101 x 127 x 64 mm)
This Adaptor has two 24Vac Relays. The contact points of one relay can be used to control a 120Vac circuit of up to 5 amp draw such as running a 120Vac exhaust fan. These instructions, however, involve 100% 24Vac switching.
The 24Vac relay points or manual contact points from the switch of an exhaust fan will simultaneously turn on the exhaust fan, the furnace circulating fan, and open a fresh air inlet damper. The open damper will assist the flow of fresh air into the system while the exhaust fan is on. This adaptor, having a second relay, also allows the thermostat to open the damper during the heating cycle of the furnace. (See wire diagrams on next page.)
Suggestion: If controlled line voltage is available from the exhaust fan switch to the Adaptor area, use Adaptor ADP-1102-TWP and follow its installation instructions.
Fitness of this Adaptor/Damper combination to satisfy air supply requirements for fuel fired appliances during operation of the Inter-connected exhaust fan(s) shall be investigated by the enforcing authorities.
Air intake duct installation shall be in accordance with: In Canada - CAN/CSA B149 & B139; In the USA – ANSI/NFPA 54, 2006, ANSI Z223.1 and/or local codes including local codes relating to ventilation air duct installation.
One Relay, 24Vac. Coil-0.05A, 120Vac DPDT Points 5 Amps;
One Relay, 24Vac. Coil-0.05A, 120Vac SPDT Points 5 Amps;
- Adaptor line voltage leads, connected to the appliance shall be suitably cabled, fastened and enclosed in suitable raceways.
- Refer to local and applicable codes.
- If an auxiliary transformer is required, use an approved 24Vac transformer of adequate capacity.
- Supply for the transformer primary shall be taken from the line voltage supply of the appliance. Refer to applicable codes.
- Always conduct a thorough check-out after installation is complete.
- Affix appropriate labels and follow instructions and warnings on each label.
1. Install motorized air control damper as per instructions supplied with it. Satisfactory operation of the damper is recommended before interconnecting Adaptor.
2. Turn off electrical power supply to each appliance.
3. Connect Adaptor line voltage leads (used here for 24Vac circuit only) as per wiring diagram.
4. Connect appropriate Adaptor terminals to the proper PO/PC damper, to the proper heating appliance terminals and to the auxiliary fan control switch.(See damper wiring diagram for proper circuit.)
5. Turn on electrical power to 24Vac appliance transformer. If damper is a Power Open type, it will remain closed at this time. If damper is a Power Close type, it will close at this time.
6. Turn on selected switches at least 3 times to verify the intended operation of selected circuits.
SCHEMATIC WIRE DIAGRAM OF ADAPTOR ADP- 0242- 05A
Note: This marking is also on the cover of the Adaptor unit as well as on a label to be placed next to the wiring diagram of the appliance.
Schematic Wire Diagram of ADP-0242-05A Activated by an Exhaust Fan Auxiliary Relay Switch 24Vac or manual switch to simultaneously turn on an exhaust fan, a furnace circulating fan and open a Fresh Air damper. The second Relay actuates the fresh air damper during the heating cycle of the furnace.
Suggestion: Use fresh air damper HAC-0X10-OPO/PC. X = Diameter of damper,PO= Power Open, PC=Power Close.
HMI HOYME Manufacturing Inc. 1-800-661-7382 www.hoyme.com
Last Updated (Friday, 01 April 2016 10:40)