ADP-1103-TPX - Installation Instructions
Installation Instructions for HMI HOYME ADP- 1103- TPX
A Control Centre that Interlocks a 24Vac Ventilation Fresh Air Inlet
Damper with End Switch to a 120 Vac Exhaust Fan, Furnace Fan and Thermostat
Refer also to HMI HOYME Installation Instructions:
TMADP-1102-TPX control centre with 24Vac Timer;
ADP-1101-05A Controlled Line to 24Vac switching;
ADP-0241-05A Controlled 24Vac to Line switching;
ADP-1102-TPX Interlocks 24Vac damper with end switch to 120Vac Exhaust Fan Circuit.
4” x 5” x 2 1/2” (101 x 127 x 64 mm)
This adaptor, with 3 relays, acts as a control centre activated by a manual 120Vac ventilation switch to:
(1) Open a 24Vac fresh air inlet damper equipped with an end switch;
(2) Simultaneously tun on the furnace fan;
(3) Turn on a 120Vac exhaust fan after damper proves to be open (interlocked); and
(4) In Addition, the inlet damper will also open during furnace firing.
*Note: If a damper without and end switch is used, a jumper wire shall be connected to adaptor terminal #1 and #4 to simultaneously activate the exhaust fan, the furnace circulation fan and open a fresh air damper (If used).
Fitness of this Adaptor/Damper combination to satisfy air supply requirements for fuel fired appliances during operation of the interconnected exhaust fan(s) shall be investigated by the enforcing authorities.
Air intake duct installation shall be in accordance with: In Canada - CAN/CSA B149 & B139; In the USA – ANSI/NFPA 54, 2006, ANSI Z223.1 and/or local codes including local codes relating to ventilation air duct installation.
I.D.: ADP-1103-TPX; comes with 3 relays:
Coil-120Vac, Contacts 5 Amps (DPDT);
Coil- 2x24Vac, Contacts 10 Amps(SPDT);
- Adaptor line voltage leads connected to the appliance controlled line voltage shall be suitably cabled, fastened and enclosed in suitable raceways.
- Refer to local and applicable codes.
- Always conduct a thorough checkout after installation is complete.
- Affix appropriate labels and follow instructions and warnings on each label.
1. Turn thermostat to lowest setting.
2. Turn off electrical power to furnace.
3. Turn off electrical power to exhaust fan circuit.
ADP-1103-TPX to 120Vac supply
4. Select suitable location for Adaptor and connect to 120Vac Vent Switch and Fan:
120Vac L1 (live) to Fan Switch,
b) Connect controlled side of Switch to ADP BLACK wire,
c) ADP RED wire to Exhaust Fan live,
d) ADP WHITE wire to L2 (common) leading to Exhaust Fan.
Refer to schematic wiring diagram. Follow applicable codes.
ADP-1103-TPX to 24Vac
5. Connect Adaptor to 24Vac safety control circuit:
terminal 5 to Furnace R,
b) ADP terminal 3 to Furnace C,
c) ADP terminal 6 (Gf) to Furnace G.
NOTE: Thermostat wire G connected to furnace G (if used) is to be reconnected to adaptor 7(Gt).
HAC-0x10-SPO/PC Damper to Adaptor
6. Select suitable location for inlet Damper with end switch and connect:
a) Damper terminal 3 to ADP terminal 3
b) Damper 5 (PO type) to ADP terminal 1
Damper 5 (PC type) to ADP terminal 2
c) Damper 2 (Switch) to ADP terminal 4
d) Damper 4 (Switch) to ADP terminal 1
HAC-0x10-SPO/PC Damper to open during Furnace firing
7. Connect ADP terminal 8 to furnace C and Connect ADP terminal 9 to furnace W.
8. Turn on 120Vac power supply to exhaust fan switch and 120Vac power supply to furnace.
9. Turn on
exhaust fan switch. Damper will open and
prove to be open before exhaust fan runs. Furnace circulation fan (if not running) will
Turn off exhaust fan switch.
10. Turn thermostat to call for heat and the damper will open simultaneously with the furnace firing normally.
SCHEMATIC WIRING DIAGRAM ADP-1103-TPX INTERLOCKING FRESH AIR INLET DAMPER WITH END SWITCH TO AN EXHAUST FAN and INTER-CONNECTED TO A FURNACE CIRCULATION FAN and THERMOSTAT CONTROL.
NOTE: This marking is also on label to be affixed adjacent to appliance wiring diagram.
Additional wire shall be of the same size as originally used when completing electric circuits.
HMI HOYME MANUFACTURING INC. PH. 1-800-661-7382 www.hoyme.com
Last Updated (Monday, 28 March 2016 12:00)