Colored Wiring Diagram #5
120Vac vent switch, combustion air, and replacement air damper (Power Close)
Printer friendly (pdf) - (opens in new window)
HMI Hoyme Manufacturing Inc. Special Note: Circuits are colored for clarification only and are not necessarily those found in actual installations. Wires of the Combustion Air Damper, however, are colored as shown.
Diagram #5: Forced Air Furnace having a combustion air and a replacement air supply duct together with an exhaust fan controlled by a designated ventilation switch and/or bathroom timer.
1. Combustion Air Damper ( HOM-0x11-SF1 )
2. Replacement Air Damper ( HAC-0x10- OPC )
3. Ventilation Switch and/or timer to supply 120Vac to furnace area.
4. Relay Adaptor ( ADP-1101-05A ) to function as a control centre.
1. Combustion Air Damper and Replacement Air Damper open during furnace firing.
2 . Ventilation Switch and/or bathroom timer turns on Exhaust Fan, opens Replacement Air Damper and turns on Furnace Fan simultaneously without interfering with the Air Conditioner.
3. Optional switch (i.e. toggle switch, timer, de-humidistat) provides full control of Replacement Air damper to open separately provided the damper is the Power Close (PC) type.
Note: ‘Manual’ setting of the furnace fan does not affect the Replacement Air Damper operation.
When using two bathroom timers to control two exhaust fans and involving only one furnace, use one relay adaptor for each timer/exhaust fan. Connect relay adaptor terminals 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4, 5-5.
1632-ld - Printed in Canada
Last Updated (Tuesday, 09 August 2016 08:54)