TMADP-1103-TWP - Installation Instructions
Installation Instructions for HMI HOYME TMADP - 1103 – TWP
Interconnects 24Vac Interval Timer and/or 120Vac Manual Switch to:
Exhaust Fan, Furnace Circulation Fan and Fresh Air Inlet Damper
Installation Of This Adaptor Shall Be In Accordance With The Requirements Of the Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
Refer also to HMI Installation Instructions:
4” x 8 1/4” x 2 1/2”
101 x 206 x 64 mm
This TMADP-1103-TWP adaptor with three relays and a 24Vac interval timer, together with a central ventilation switch, acts as an automatic/manual control centre to simultaneously turn on a principal exhaust fan, turn on a furnace circulation fan, and open a fresh air inlet damper (If used).
In addition, this adaptor also opens the inlet damper during furnace firing.
Fitness of this Timer/Adaptor combination to satisfy air supply requirements for fuel fired appliances during operation of the inter-connected exhaust fan(s) shall be investigated by the enforcing authorities.
Air intake duct installation shall be in accordance with: In Canada - CAN/CSA B149 & B139; In the USA – ANSI/NFPA 54, 2006, ANSI Z223.1 and/or local codes including local codes relating to ventilation air duct installation.
I.D.: TMADP -1103 -TWP
2 Relays, Coils - 24Vac, Contacts 120/24Vac 10A;
1 Relay, Coil - 120Vac, Contacts 24Vac, 5 Amps.
1 Interval timer 24Vac
- Adaptor line voltage leads connected to the appliance controlled line voltage shall be suitably cabled, fastened and enclosed in suitable raceways.
- Check capacity of 24Vac transformer.
- Refer and Follow local and applicable codes.
- Always conduct a thorough checkout after installation is complete.
- Affix appropriate labels and follow instructions and warnings on each label.
1. Turn thermostat to lowest setting.
2. Turn off electrical power to furnace.
3. Turn off electrical power to exhaust fan circuit.
4. Select suitable location for TMADP.
Connecting Adaptor to 24Vac circuit:
TMADP terminal 5 to Furnace R;
TMADP terminal 3 to Furnace C; and
TMADP terminal 6(GF) to Furnace G.
NOTE: If thermostat wire G is connected to Furnace G, disconnect it from Furnace G and reconnect it to TMADP 7(GT). Then connect TMADP 6(GF) to furnace G.
Connecting Adaptor to 120Vac circuit:
TMADP RED wire to 120Vac live;
TMADP BLACK wire to controlled side of fan switch;
TMADP WHITE wire to 120Vac common.
Follow applicable codes.
Installing 24Vac Damper (If used):
7. Mount inlet Damper in a suitable location on the return plenum and then fasten inlet duct to the damper. If damper cannot be fastened to the return plenum then install the Damper in-line with inlet duct.
Connect the two motor wires to:
TMADP terminals 3 & 1 for Power Open damper
Addition: If damper is to also open during furnace firing, connect TMADP 4 to furnace (W).
8. TIMER: Set cycles as per instructions with it.
9. Turn on 120Vac power supply to exhaust fan and 120Vac power supply to furnace.
10. Turn on manual exhaust fan switch. Exhaust fan, furnace circulation fan (if not previously running) and damper will respond simultaneously. Turn off exhaust fan switch.
11. Turn interval timer clockwise through one full turn (24 hrs.) to test chosen settings. Exhaust fan, furnace circulation fan and damper will respond simultaneously for each setting. Set interval timer for time of day.
12. If a fresh air damper has been installed, turn thermostat to ask for heat and Damper will open during furnace firing. Turn thermostat to normal setting and furnace will operate normally.
SCHEMATIC WIRING DIAGRAM OF TMADP-1103-TWP INTERCONNECTED TO FURNACE CIRCULATION FAN CONTROL, PRINCIPAL EXHAUST FAN AND MOTORIZED FRESH AIR INLET DAMPER.
Note: this marking is also on label to be affixed adjacent to appliance wiring diagram.
Additional wire shall be of the same size as originally used when completing electric circuits.
For more information, please contact
HMI HOYME Manufacturing Inc.@ 1-800-661-7382
Last Updated (Wednesday, 30 March 2016 09:22)